Saturday, June 25, 2011

When I'm Feeling Angry



Workshops are almost always interesting. Jory Sherman's workshop June25th on ebooks was informative and challenging. As an author I'm interested in promoting my books, obviously. I usually do this offering my mini writing workshop for fourth through sixth grade students in schools. According to Mr. Sherman and other speakers I've heard, the future in book sales will be through Kindle, Ipods and that sort of technology. It's a new world folks.

The workshop was in Winnsboro, Texas, at a book and gift shop called, Winnsboro Emporium. They have a little bit of everything: collector books, new books, paintings, pottery, jewelry, etc. I found two books I had to have for our grand daughter. When I'm Feeling Angry by Trace Moroney is a paper back picture book suitable for children two and older. The author points out that we all get angry sometimes and that it is okay to be angry. It is how we handle our anger that is important.

When I'm feeling Angry is one of a series of books on feelings published by The Five Mile Press. Some of the other titles deal with being scared, or lonely, hurt, etc. Trace Moroney's web site is http://www.tracemoroney.com/ This series of books is very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment