Thursday, November 11, 2010

The last two weeks have been busy. Last week I visited 6th - 8th grade classes in Detroit Middle School (Detroit, TX) I shared information about my books: Dragons for Kris, Dragon Hatchling, and Second Chance. We also talked a little about writing and some of the things I have learned since beginning to write short stories and novels. The students were very attentive and we had good sessions, even if our time together was short.
Yesterday, Wednesday, I visited Harts Bluff School (5th and 6th grade) We had more time and acted out some sentences proving how important verbs are to helping the author paint a clearer picture for the reader. Today I returned to Harts Bluff to share writing tips with 8th grade students. They participated in some writing exercises and seemed to have a good time. I certainly did.
I'm looking forward to visiting students in Ore City, Texas, November 17th, and Ashdown, Arkansas, November 30th. It feels sooo good to be back in a classroom working with children on a subject dear to my heart.
Hope all of you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
More later

No comments:

Post a Comment